The CLEP Program: save time, save money, demonstrate proficiency, graduate on time
The College Board says this about the College Level Examination Program Exams:
"Shorten your path to a college degree — with CLEP!
The College-Level Examination Program® provides students of any age with the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement through a program of exams in undergraduate college courses. There are 2,900 colleges that grant credit and/or advanced standing for CLEP exams."
Why take these exams?
By taking one or more College Level Examination Program exams in your strong subjects, you'll...
- Save time. Get college credit for what you already know. Be rewarded for what you've learned through independent study, advanced high school courses, noncredit adult courses, or professional development.
- Save money. Compare the cost of a College Level Exam Program, just $55 ($60, effective July 1, 2006), to hundreds — even thousands — of dollars in tuition. CLEP exams are free to military service members.
- Make college more interesting. Move right into advanced courses.
- Graduate on time. This exam can help you to the finish line if you're a few credits shy of graduating.
- Satisfy a proficiency requirement. Demonstrate you've already mastered the content of, for example, a basic math or language course. Great for dual-degree candidates or students just a few credits shy of graduation.
Courses are available in the following subjects:
- Composition & Literature
- Foreign Languages
- History & Social Sciences
- Science & Mathematics
- College Algebra
- College Algebra-Trig
- College Mathematics
- Natural Sciences
- Precalculus (new)
Learn about the Program, CLEP PREP, Information, studying, sign up
Colleges Accepting the College Level Examination Program
Earn extra college credit and graduate early
Return to Everything about college.com